Friday, July 13, 2012

Ha!

Jeff is a sustainability hero.  I've just spent the last few days in Idaho, learning all about sustainable wheat farming, part of a pilot that General Mills is doing.  My new job is all about telling General Mills sustainability story.  It's pretty cool that we have one to tell, too.

I love being able to tell people we have one car. 

I love telling people we live so close to places we can bike to.

I love the money we save on a second car payment, gas, insurance, maintenance. 

The more I learn about the issues facing the planet (growing populations demanding increased food production, which will require farmers to get higher yields from the land), the more it just makes sense to live more sustainably.

Furthermore, I've been reading a lot on living simply.  Eliminating clutter from your home, reducing the number of things we buy, limiting the number of commitments we make, can all help us have a happier life.  I think this simple living is actually sustainable living. 

Personally, I don't think there is a better way to live and am making a priority to change my lifestyle to be more sustainable, simple.

So about that new bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment